The Driving Companion
Practical Driving Options to Progress to P1 Provisional Licence
To gain your P1 Provisional Licence you must:
- hold a Learner's Permit for at least 12 months if under 25 years of age, or at least 6 months if aged 25 or above
- be 17 years or older; and
- have completed at least 75 hours (including 15 hours night driving) with a Qualified Supervising Driver
- pass the Hazard Perception Test.
However you may attempt your Vehicle On Road Test (VORT) or final drive in Competency Based Training & Assessment (CBT&A) at any time.
Option 1 Vehicle On Road Test (VORT)
- Lessons with a Motor Driving Instructor; and/or
- Driving experience with a Qualified Supervising Driver; and
- Practical driving test with a VORT Authorised Examiner.
Option 2 Competency Based Training & Assessment (CBT&A)
- Lessons with a CBT&A Authorised Examiner; and
- Driving experience with a Qualified Supervising Driver or Motor Driving Instructor.
Tags #learners, #licence, #stages, #beginner