The Driving Companion
Unit 1: Task 8 - Review all basic driving procedures (T1 - T7)
The learner will competently demonstrate each of the learning outcomes from Tasks 1 to 7.
The learner will perform one complete example of each of the learning outcomes for Tasks 1 to 7 without assistance. Any learning outcome that does not meet the standard for the task must be retrained and re-assessed in accordance with the assessment method and standard for that original task.
- Demonstrate Task 1 - cabin drill and controls
- Demonstrate Task 2 - starting up and shutting down the engine
- Demonstrate Task 3 - moving off from the kerb
- Demonstrate Task 4 - stopping and securing the vehicle
- Demonstrate Task 5 - stop and go (using the handbrake)
- Demonstrate Task 6 - gear changing
- Demonstrate Task 7 - control of the steering (forward and reverse)