The Driving Companion
Conditions applying to the Competency Based Training & Assessment (CBT&A) course
Any learner driver or overseas licence holder electing to do the training course will be required to comply with the following:
- You must comply with the conditions of the Learner's Permit.
- You should carry the Driving Companion with you in the vehicle when attending any training session in the CBT&A course.
- You must produce the Driving Companion, on request, to the instructor (providing the training) or to any Accreditation Auditor who may observe the training session. (All Accreditation Auditors will show their official identification to both the instructor and learner driver at the beginning of any training session).
- When requested, you must allow an Accreditation Auditor to ride in the training vehicle during any training session of the CBT&A course being conducted by the instructor.
- Other than the record of driving hours forms (Log Book) which are completed by you and your Qualified Supervising Driver(s), all other information, marks or details, can only be entered in the task requirement and assessment forms by the instructor.
- You must not carry any passengers (or animals) during the last training session except for the instructor conducting the training and any Accredited Auditor observing the training session.
- For safety reasons, you must wear appropriate footwear when driving - no thongs, bare feet, clogs (shoes with soles thicker than 3cm) or shoes without heel support.
(a) Failing to comply with the above conditions may result in this option being withdrawn.
(b) Learner's Permit conditions still apply until the appropriate licence is obtained from a Service SA Centre even though a Certificate of Competency has been issued.
(c) When applying for your Provisional Licence, pages 41 to 74 of the Driving Companion should be removed from the book and handed to Service SA staff along with your log book hours and Certificate of Competency.
(d) You may have to provide evidence that your vehicle is registered. The registration expiry date can be checked by telephoning 13 10 84 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, going to ezyreg.sa.gov.au or by using an EzyReg smartphone app.
Tags#learners, #licence, #stages, #beginner